Monday, February 5, 2018

Wishing You Joy

I decided to try out the watercolor samples that were in the current Simon Card Kit, and I'm really pleased with them!


supplies: white, black, and Surf Blue card stock, Studio Katia Floral Trimmings, Daniel Smith watercolors from kit, Simon's Wishing die and matching Sending & Wishing sentiment, Memory Box Calais Butterflies, trimmed

I stamped the flowers on watercolor paper, watercolored them, then fussy-cut the right edge, trimmed the left edge, and mounted on a Surf Blue card base, along with a skinny black strip.  Then I added my die-cut and stamped sentiment and the little butterflies.

These colors are perfect for spring, and I'm definitely planning to get more watercolor palettes!

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

YOu are a master of the fussy cut, and I am envious. Lovely card, perfectly layered.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty floral border Lin! Love the delicate butterflies too. This is wonderful!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful! I love how the edge is cut and layered over the blue.

Dawn T said...

Love that border stamp and your design is superb

nancy dempsey said...

So pretty!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

So clever to cut along just the right side, Lin. Beautifully done.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Lin - love how the flowers form a border with the blue background.
Blessings
Maxine