Thursday, November 9, 2017

Texas Snowman

This is my newest snowman stamp, called Big Howdy!   I saw a card using him by Pam  last week at our Simon Wednesday challenge, and, since one of our boys and his family are living in Texas, I ordered it right away, thinking to use it to make them some ornaments or tags.   The idea of a snowman in TX, (where my dil tells me it was recently 85 degrees) just makes me giggle......Here's my first play with it.


supplies: white and kraft card stock, dp from BoBunny Anthem papers, Printworks Big Howdy cling stamp, Zig markers, Avery Elle Banner & Wreath bird, Winnie & Walter In a Word Merry die and an unknown birch tree die given to me by my friend Carol

Wonder what they're talking about?  And one more:


supplies: white cardstock, various star and bandana prints, snowflake embossing folder, Printworks Big Howdy cling stamp, colored with Zig markers, sentiment from KaiserCraft BaseCoat Christmas clear set, May Arts natural twine

I lifted Pam's idea to have him holding a lasso of twine, and that was the perfect place to add my little sentiment!

Thanks for coming by!

3 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Both are adorable snowmen, Lin. Love the country colors of papers you've used.

Eliece said...

Love these cards! However, as a native Texan, I can assure you that some parts of our state get quite a bit of snow. We have very different types of climate, depending on where one lives. In fact, when we joined the union in 1845, we were a sovereign nation, and reserved the right to divide ourselves into 7 separate states at any time in the future. I live near the gulf coast about 30 miles south of Houston, and it is rare for us to get snow. I think 2009 was the last time. I remember because my little granddaughter had just been born. However, it frequently snows up near Dallas, and sometimes in the Hill Country near Austin, as well as in parts of West Texas. Well, so much for your history and geography lessons today. LOL. I do love your cards and may try to CAS them.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun little rootin' tootin' snowman! These are super cute Lin!